Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Highs And Lows Of Fandom

Let's face it.  Being a fan isn't always easy.  Sure when your team wins you feel like you're walking on air.  But when they lose, it takes the wind right out of your sails.  And when your favorite team happens to be a perennial cellar dweller, it can be heartbreaking.  I've been on both sides of the coin.  I have a football team I cheer for that has won Super Bowls.  Then I have a baseball team that has only made the playoffs twice in its entire fifty-four year history.  But those teams go through cycles.  Sometimes my football team has a down year but my baseball team has a breakout year.  And other times its the reverse.  But through it all, I stick with my teams.  Because I know that even though defeat is hard to swallow, eventually I'll be able to taste victory once again, and it will be even more sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment